Below is the guide to jailbreak your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, iPod Touch 4G or iPod Touch 3G.
- Greenpois0n works on only iOS 4.1 or higher. So, you need to update your Apple iOS device with those version.
- The recently released greenpoison is only for Mac users. So this guide is helpful for only Mac users. CLICK HERE for Windows Version of Chronic DEV Team Greenpois0n jailbreaking guide.
- Always BACKUP your device before jailbreaking it.
- You need latest version of iTunes 10.1 or later.
Now, follow these steps:
Download greenpois0n by any of the following:
- Download via Greenpoison website and make sure to click the Mac icon in the website.
- Via this mirror site
- Via Download Squad
- Via Engadget
- Extract the file and run the greenpois0n application (on Mac).
- Connect your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Then, click on Jailbreak button of the app.
- You will then be asked to put you device in DFU mode and will be taked to the necessary steps.
- After some steps of sleep, wake and home buttons, finally click complete button to close the application. You’ll also see a text scrolling in your device screen.
- Reboot your device and a new Loader application appears on home screen.
- Click loader icon and select Cydia and then tap on Install Cydia button.
- Reboot and enjoy your jailbroken iOS.
UPDATE : If you’re looking for Windows version, CLICK HERE for its guide.