Apple has released iOS 5 Beta 2 which is available for download from Apple’s developer’s website. This followup release of iOS 5 Beta for developers allows wireless syncing and gives many other upgrades to the new iOS 5.
Wireless syncing has now been available for Mac OS X computers. This is believed to be the major update of this beta 2 version of iOS 5.
The wireless syncing in Mac requires iTunes 10.5 Beta 2 and OS X 10.6.8 or Lion. There is an option for enabling wireless syncing when a device is connected via USB cable to iTunes.
Wireless syncing is automatically enabled when we connect the device to a power source and the paired computer within same newtwork. Or, syncing can be done manually from iTunes Settings. Go to Settings -> General -> iTunes Sync. And yes, your device should be plugged into a power source.
We can summarize the updates and iOS 5 Beta 2 infos into the following points:
- iOS 5 Beta 1 running devices cannot be synced by iTunes 10.5 Beta 2 version
- iMessage can’t be used for messaging between devices running iOS 5 Beta 1 and iOS 5 Beta 2
- WiFi sync can be done using iTunes 10.5 Beta 2 which works on Mac OS X computers
- There has been some upgrades to OTA
- iCloud’s new logo has become silver under Settings.app
- Backups are now available which can be stored to iCloud or computer when changing device settings.
- “No New Notifications” text is shown when there is no new notifications
- By default, Stock widget is disabled in Notification Center
- Same as of iOS 4, stock wallpapers are again back to iOS 5 Beta 2
- General speed improvements with some debugging